Stainless steel banding is simply alloy metals that are shaped to be be narrow, relatively thin, and long, and provide fantastic corrosion and weather resistance.
Stainless Steels are metal alloys that contain at least of 10.5% Chromium, which is the core component within the metal’s structure that protects the metal from surface and internal corrosion. Increasing the amount of Chromium increases metal’s corrosion resistance. Stainless steel contains varying amounts of other elements that affect the metals ability to withstand rust. Some of the core elements being Carbon, Silicon, Nickel, Manganese and Nickel.
Stainless Steel strapping is ideal banding solution for constantly developing industries as it offers extremely high versatility, durability, strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless Steel, or as often referred to as SS, provides extremely high tensile strength making it a very popular packaging solution across various industries or manufacturing plants. It is a great material for heavy duty applications in corrosive environments
Key advantages of Stainless Steel:
- Chemical, UV, moisture, salt, heat and cold temperature resistance
- Extreme strength
- Cheaper than Inconel or monel
Stainless Steel is a popular load securing solution in shipping, Oil&Gas, rail, engineering or construction industries due to its high breaking strength and resistance to challenging environments. It is a popular packaging or bundling solution as the stainless steel metals provide better resilience than plastic strapping.
banding straps. However, it really depends on your particular application. The rule of thumb is that strap weather resistance and breaking points will depend on thickness, width and the selected grade of stainless steel. To achieve the best result, you need to make sure you use the right tools, and apply the banding strap in a correct manner.
Most common Stainless Steel Strapping applications:
- Construction industry
- Hose securing
- Traffic sign securing
- Pole and Sign Mounting
- Shipping items within the Oil&Gas industry
- Long haul shopping
- Timber industry
It all depends what elements the stainless steel banding will be exposed to. Grade 201 is the most popular due to its great corrosion resistance and a price. Grades 304 and 316 are used more often in highly corrosive environments, or in food or pharmaceutical industries, as well as chemical plants.
- Stainless Steel is one of most durable materials
- Easy to carry compared to steel banding rolls
- UV resistant
- Corrosion Resistant
- Great for heavy duty applications
- Copes really well with temperature differences
- Easy to apply and to remove it
Things to consider
- Stainless Steel is slightly more expensive to other strapping solutions
- Requires high attention to details while applying in order to make sure a long lasting and durable seal
- Only manual tools are available (no battery operated tools)
- Important to select the right grade of stainless steel
Stainless steel banding tensioner is relatively simple to use, and we provide written instructions on our product page. If you require further assistance, please contact us for advice.